Adding images to your sidebar is relatively easy with a few steps. Don’t let the code scare you, just make sure you type in your URLs exactly.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on Media>Add New.
- Click on Select Files.
- Navigate to your image, select it, and click Open.
- Give your image a title and alternate text.
- Select the URL in the File URL field and copy it.
- Click Save all changes.
- Click on Appearance>Widgets in the left sidebar.
- Drag a Text widget to the sidebar area you want it to display in. The sidebar areas are on the right side.
- Click the down arrow next to the name of the widget to open it.
- Paste in the appropriate text, below, in the larger field and make the substitutions suggested.
If you just want the image to display:
<img src="url-you-copied-above" alt="descriptive image keyword">
If you want the image linked to a page:
<a href="url-to-the-page-you-want-the-image-linked" title="descriptive url keyword" target="_blank"><img src="url-you-copied-above" alt="descriptive image keyword"></a>
- Click Save.