PopCred sites use the premium MarketPress plugin for a complete store/shopping cart solution. This plugin costs $17 per month if purchased directly. But it is included as part of the PopCred Expert Package for as little as $5.50 per month! To create this tutorial, I set up my own online store, right on another PopCred subdomain site.
After you have created your PopCred network site, just use these seven simple steps to open your own online store. In a few minutes, you’ll be open for business!
- Login to your dashboard by going to yoursite.popcred.net/wp-admin.
- In the left sidebar, click on Appearance>PopCred Premium Themes.
- Find the SimpleMarket theme (themes are sorted alphabetically) and click Activate. (You can use any theme you like, but SimpleMarket was designed specifically to be a very easy theme to use with the MarketPress store plugin.)
- Click on Plugins.
- Find the MarketPress plugin and click Activate.
- Click on Settings in the MarketPress area.
- Go through all the General, Coupons, Presentation, Messages, Shipping, Payments, Shortcodes, and Importer settings to make your selections. (If this seems overwhelming, start by focusing on the General and Payments tabs. If you will be shipping a product, you’ll also need to look at the Shipping tab.)
Remember, you’ll need a PayPal account!
Your store is now ready to stock! Watch this video tutorial to get an idea of how simple this process is.